Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Price of Organic Flour

The cheapest organic flour I find in my neighborhood is $4.99 for 5 pounds at Whole Foods Markets. It's their 365 Brand one. Both all purpose unbleached flour and whole wheat one. 


Their non-organic ones are $2.99 for 5 pounds. Trader Joe's non-organic flour is also $2.99 for 5 pounds but doesn't have organic ones. Both Whole Foods and TJ's non-organic flours are not GMO's I believe.


According to TJ's website, their TJ's brand products do not have GMOs. However, other brands may have GMO's in it. So I should stick to TJ's brand when I shop there.



But sometimes I find Bob's Red Mill Organic Flours are on sale at Spouts Farmers Markets. They sell them for 2 for $6!! Both organic ones and non-organic ones! It's (almost) 50% off for organic ones!! Ahhhhh!!


I like Bob's Red Mill Organic White Flour because it says it's good for making bread so I assume this is bread flour. Since I bake breads every few days now, bread flour is one of the staple stuff in my pantry.It's hard to find organic bread flour. Sometimes I find King Arthur's one at Whole Foods but it's pretty expensive. So my hands automatically pick up organic all-purpose flour. I use about 70% unbleached white flour and the rest is a combination of whole wheat, rye, barley, oat meal, etc for baking my breads. It tastes good. 


Bob's Red Mill flours are on sale at Spouts Farmers Markets right now until February 2, 2012! I have to stock them up.


FYI, do you know Whole Foods offers coupons?
FYI2, sign up for Sprouts E-News to get coupons and weekly ad online!



1 comment: